Stress can be created by a change of environment that is perceived by the individual as challenging, threatening or damaging invariably causing a disturbance to the equilibrium of the individual.
Stressors Can be….
1. Psychosocial changes; such as accidents, a loved one had been attacked, changes in the economy with negative impacts, moving homes, lost of jobs and basically all sorts of life events.
2. Physiologic Changes; will include changes within the body which evoke stress and this could be via an infection, drugs, genetic disorders, hypoxia, poor nutrition and many more.
How Do People Respond to Stress?
1. Fight of Flight: This is a physiologic response to stress it’s a preparation our body to “fight” or “flee” from the perceived attack, harm or threat to our survival or equilibrium.
2. Hardiness Personality: is our ability to resist the effect of stress by showing the below characteristics;
a. Develop a sense of commitment to work and life which invariably provides you with a sense of satisfaction.
b. Have a sense of control- by not being helpless
c. And you can Increase your Hardniess personality, by spending less time in front of the TV and more time building hobbies, interest and setting time aside to do things you want, enjoy and taking calculated risks.
21 Tips to Reduce Stress
1. Practise relaxation
2. Make use of groups and social support services
3. Regular exercise
4. Eat Good food make sure its proper nutrition
5. Employ Effective communication and time management
6. Use Mediation
7. Build and Enhance your Spiritual life
8.Eliminate negative thoughts
9. Self Hypnosis
10. Take Regular Breaks
11. Own a pet
12. Be a Problem solver and enhance those skills
13. Practice good, deep breathing techniques
14. Help others
15. Have Goals
16. Listen to music
20. Be an agent of peace
21. Love, Hug a friend Now!
You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that created it~ Albert Einstein.
Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom ~ Victor Frankl.
And don’t Forget to..
Give your stress wings and let it fly away~Terri Guillemets.