Worry is simply a disturbed or troubled state of mind which can be expressed in forms of unhappiness, anxiety, depression and many more negative emotions .Below are a few simple tips to help you overcome worry, be sure to add your thoughts and how you overcome worry to the list.
1. Let it all out: It’s nice to hear another person’s advice and opinion because sometimes what we worry about may not be such a big deal after all!
2. Worry Time: It’s seems natural to fret if you must but you want to have control over it. Set aside 10 minute a day to worry and quit worrying outside that period. Gradually change that to 10 minutes a week then to 10 minutes a month. Worry a little every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. “If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything”~Quote.
3. Just do what you need to do: sometimes we fret because we have not accomplished a preset task or goal .Just do it and don’t let procrastination get the best of you!
4. Acknowledge what may have transpired that has put you in a state of worry and learn to take lessons from it to move on. We all know that fret is like a rocking chair that gets us nowhere.
5. Relaxation: is a superb way of eradicating worry; find different ways to relax each day.
6. Don’t sit around doing nothing: it’s just what worrying loves ! Engage yourself in productive activities for the day.
7. Address the problem: we mostly fret anyway when there is a problem.. But why not turn yourself into a problem solver. There is a great difference between worry and concern. A worried person sees a problem, and a concerned person solves a problem~ Harold Stephens.
8. Take a break and make sure you leave your worries behind: you most certainly will come back in a different state of mind refreshed to address whatever the problem may be.
9. If it’s a mega problem that has lead you to the brink of worry try and find a support group. you will be amazed that you are not on your own. When we have problems we sometimes think we are the only one it’s happened to.
10. If you are a Christian talk to Your heavenly father, Almighty God. He said he will not leave us nor forsake us and he never does anyway. Seek for knowledge, peace and wisdom. In short don’t leave spirituality out of your life. Why not be like Mary C.Crowley ..she says Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He’s going to be up all night anyway.
11. Attack those negative thoughts: They are horrible and have very bad habits in flooding our brains with adversity .Most of us have the capacity to unlearn and re-learn new skills
12. Write down all you worries: Have a good glance at them ;cry if you must and chuck them in the bin. Then write down all you appreciate in life and place it in a visibly strategic place where you can see it every day.
13. Attend to your health and make it a habit: Eat good food, exercise, visit your health practitioner as needed .Remember, health is wealth .
14. Be spontaneous: Do something really out-of-sort but productive what you have never done before. It’s a way to amaze yourself and shift your focus away from worry
15. Scream!!! But don’t disturb others .Imagine all your worries coming out through your mouth!.
16. Allow yourself to live in the present :There is nothing wrong with that and its better than embracing past worrying events which obviously serve you no purpose . Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy~Leo F. Buscaglia.
17. Eliminate the words such as ,I could have, I can’t ,I didn’t , what if and if only… from your vocabulary or better still use them sparely.
18. We all get it wrong every now and then: and sometimes on most of the occasions . However once you come to the realization of this it’s a good opportunity to make reparations .In other words learn and move on; don’t beat yourself up because your body will not like it ..respect that body of yours!
19. Don’t result to drugs and alcohol they don’t particularly take away worry; They just mask it for you. Love yourself accept yourself forgive yourself and be good to yourself because without you the rest of us are without a source of many wonderful things~Leo F. Buscaglia
20. Get rid of procrastination; it’s an ugly green monster and changes to grey if you do nothing !
21. Use daily affirmation and integrate it into your day to day activities .
22. Go and stand in front of the mirror and take a good glance at yourself when worried; You most certainly wouldn’t look as good as you do when happy with a good smile on your face. So always try and put a smile on; Think of those lovely things you had engaged yourself in and try keep the smile on for the rest of the day.
23. Turn yourself into a helper: There is something rewarding and so Lovely about helping others.
24. If your circles of friends embrace worry as well then it’s time to make a change of association; step out and seek people of positivity and strength to help lift you up!
25. Never give up; Be creative in your thinking and remember its natural to worry but we don’t want to make a habit of it!
26. Each time you fret always remember the amount of toxin(s) your body is releasing then remind yourself to stop.
27. Go on a quest of what you enjoy most and focus on those!
28. Refocus your thoughts: focus on what will make you happy remember, what you focus on manifest .
29.Worry is like a rocking chair–it gives you something to do but it doesn’t get you anywhere. Don’t waste time on a chair that is stationary… it’s boring !
30. Finally remember to coach your brain to worry less and enjoy life instead. The purpose of our lives is to be happy~Dalai Lama
Thank you for reading, please note if worrying becomes consistent and starts to affect your day to day activity please do not hesitant to see a professional .
Photo credited to Lovemy4golden’s